Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Stamos spills beans on drunken breakfast TV romp

John Stamos has admitted he went on Australian TV drunk.

The 46-year-old 'ER' actor made an infamous appearance on talk show 'Mornings with Kerri-Anne' in 2007, and stunned viewers by reading presenter Kerri-Anne Kennerley's lines and making rude gestures.

He was told to blame the incident on jet lag.


John revealed to The Advocate magazine: "When I went on that morning show, I was drunk. Yes, I was on sleeping pills and I was jet-lagged, but I was also just plastered. And I never said I wasn't, but that whole publicity machine got involved and said, 'Just say he was jet-lagged.' I said, 'No, tell them the truth! I was f***ing drunk in Australia. Big deal.' "

John also spoke about reality TV, claiming he will not appear on shows such as talent contest 'Dancing with the Stars' in the foreseeable future.

John, who is currently appearing in a New York production of musical 'Bye Bye Birdie', said: "Not to be disrespectful, but isn't that the place you go when you don't have a career? Why would I dance on that show when I get to dance on Broadway?"

John also poured scorn on actors who resort to plastic surgery to retain their looks, insisting he finds it odd when stars grow old but their faces don't change.

He explained: "It's funny, because I haven't had one ounce of Botox or any of that. I finally got grey hairs in the past couple years, and I wore it on 'ER', but they made me cover it up in this show. I don't want to be one of those weird-looking guys who gets old but stays looking young."

No comments:

Post a Comment